Thursday, August 1, 2013

5 Vegas AAA second impression

This is my second AAA from 5 Vegas from the Cigar Cave, and I have to say it is better the second time around. The first one struck me as harsh and WAY too spicy! Not what I am looking for in a cigar at all!
But this one... This one was much more to my liking!
The first inch is still VERY spicy, and the entire stick is strong to say the least. But, it melts as it smokes, and the spicy tones blend to a rather enjoyable woody/nutty flavor (for me at least).
The ash is as strong as the smoke! Clinging on until the two inch mark or better.
I paired this stick with a Lagunitas Lucky 13 Mondo Large Red Ale and found it to be a great combo. The red is not nearly as "red" as I like my Ales, but it has good flavor, no real aftertaste, and the hop blend was quite good.

I've made it down to the  last two inches or so... It is strong and smooth. the flavor still has a hint of spice, but it is not harsh, not overpowering and entirely smokeable! 
So... If you like a strong cigar with a lot of spice notes, this is the stick for you! I know I will be trying another in the future. Not going to put this one on my "do not try again!" list.
Cheers!
Jm

No comments:

Post a Comment